The Journées 2013 will be organized by Paris Observatory, where will be the tutorial lectures and registration desk on Sunday 15 September afternoon (see below for more details) and meetings of the Working groups on Tuesday.
Entrance of Observatoire de Paris: 77 Avenue Denfert-Rochereau, 75014 - Paris (Metro RER station:
Denfert-Rochereau, Buses: 38, 68, 83, 91, 215):
see Access and Map.
The scientific sessions (Monday 16 September 9:00 to Wednesday 18 September 12:30) will be held at Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS Ulm), in the vicinity of Paris Observatory (Quartier Latin).
Entrance of Ecole Normale Supérieure: 45 rue d'Ulm, 75005 - Paris (Metro RER station: Luxembourg, Buses: 21, 27, 38):
see Contacts and Maps, or Local map.
The scientific sessions will take place in the ENS amphitheatre Dussane: see Meeting Rooms at ENS
Distance from Paris Observatory to Ecole Normale Supérieure: 1.2 km (see the route);
20 min walking distance, or 5 min by Bus 38 from Hopital St-Vincent de Paul to Auguste Comte, and then 5 min walking distance (see the route).
The registration fee are of 150 Euros for registration after 26 August 2013 (120 Euros for early registration until 26 August 2013). This includes participation in the Journées,
the Colloquium material with receiving a copy of the Proceedings, the coffee breaks, and the conference dinner on Tuesday 17 September evening.
Payment of registration fee
Registration fee can be paid:
- electronically by credit card (this is strongly encouraged): go to online payment;
- by bank transfer, in euros, to the bank of Observatoire de Paris : Recette Générale des Finances, 94 rue Réaumur, 75009 Paris, France,
IBAN FR76 1007 1750 0000 0010 0507 390 ; BDFEFRPPXXX
Please, mention "Journées 2013" on your transfer;
- by check in euros, ordered to "Agent Comptable de lObservatoire de Paris".
Please send your check to Marine Pailler, LOC, Journées 2013, SYRTE, Observatoire de Paris, 61 avenue de l'Observatoire, F- 75014 Paris, France;
- by cash at the time of the Journées.
The reception and registration desk (where participants can register and remove the Colloquium material)
will be opened on Sunday 15 September,
16:0-18:00, at Paris Observatory (entrance: 77 Avenue Denfert-Rochereau, 75014 - Paris) and on Monday 16 September, from 8.30 am, at Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS Ulm; entrance: 45 rue d'Ulm, 75005 - Paris),
A receipt of registration fee will be provided to each registered participant during the Journées.
Cancellation: cancellation with reimbursement will only be possible until 6 September 2013 (10 days before the start of the meeting).
In such a case, registration fees will be reimbursed with the exception of a small management fee. If the cancellation happens during
the last 10 days before the meeting, no reimbursement will be possible.
Instructions for speakers & poster presenters
The language of the meeting will be English.
Duration of invited talks: 20 min including questions.
Duration of oral presentations: 12 min including questions.
The dimensions of the posters can be up to the A0 format (or max: 90 cm x 120 cm), preferably in portrait format.
Tutorial lectures will be given the day before the beginning of the Journées, on Sunday 15 September afternoon (13:30-17:45) at Paris Observatory (Salle de l'Atelier). Registration for each of these lectures is mandatory: see at at: tutorial, where the programme of these lectures is given.
The participants can take lunch at the canteen of ENS on Monday 16 to Tuesday 18 September (price: 11 Euros including drink).
A conference dinner will take place on Tuesday 17 September evening (19:30-22:30) at the «Café du Commerce», 51 rue du commerce, 75015 Paris.
(See the access on the Map Access). All the participants are invited to attend this dinner whose fare is included in the registration fee.
Extra ticket can be bought for accompanying person at a price of 35 Euros.
Special dietary requirements should be specified in advance to the LOC.
IAU Working group meetings
The afternoon of Wednesday 18 September will be devoted to:
- Working groups meetings: Div A WG «Third Realisation of ICRF», ; C19 WG «Theory of Earth Rotation»
- or recreation or touristic activities
- or visit of a specific Paris Observatory exhibition (see below).
Participants will have the possibility (on Wednesday afternoon, 16:00-17:00) to visit a small exhibition at Paris Observatory on
Nicolas Louis de Lacaille (author of the star catalogue, called
Coelum Australe Stelliferum, which is relevant to the Journées 2013 topics) from the archives of Paris Observatory library.
Proceedings of the Journées 2013
The Proceedings of the Journées will be published, as with previous ones, from LateX files provided by the authors using the usual norms of
these Journees (see at:
Instructions to authors and
Electronic Proceedings of the Journées).
You will find here information about
subway and bus of Paris
The participants are requested to make their own reservation themselves as soon as possible.
It is highly recommended making hotel reservation before the 2013 summer period.
Selecting an hotel and making reservation is possible on line using one of the following web sites:
Hotels in Paris, or
http://www.parishotels.com/, or (in French) Hotels à Paris,
A list of hotels with appropriate locations for both Observatoire de Paris and Ecole Normale Supérieure is available here.
A limited number of travel grants is available in particular for young scientists and/or scientists from economically weak countries.
Applications (including a CV, a short list of previous publications and a brief description of your intended presentation at the Journées 2013) should be submitted to the Chair of the SOC: n.capitaine(at)obspm.fr.
Application deadline: 31 May 2013.
Various dates and deadlines
- Journees 2013 - First Announcement: 21 Dec 2012
- Early registration (on line): until 26 August 2013
- Late registration (on line or other means; see below): until 16 September 2013 at the reception desk
- Abstract submission (on line): until 10 July 2013 - Extended to 17 July 2013
- On-line payment: available since 7 May 2013
- Deadline for travel grants applications: 31 May 2013 (see information below)
- Programme prepared by the SOC based on the abstract proposals: 12 August 2013
- Programme with accepted oral and poster presentations posted on the Journees web site: 18 August 2013
- Programme of the tutorial lectures posted on the Journees web site: 18 August 2013
- Registration to the tutorial lectures available since 25 August 2012
- Modifications to abstracts and registration forms (on line): until 1 September 2013